Welcome to @ The Barre – Pilates, Barre & Fitness Studio Official Blog. Through are blog we plan to offer you exercise ideas you can do at home, nutritional information, healthy recipes, life strategies, weight loss tips and other resources for a balanced/ healthy life style. There is so much more to leading a healthy life than just exercise and nutrition. Our goal is to provide you with tools, strategies and support to reach your health goals.
We’ve been blogging for a while and invite you to go back and look through our past posts. You will get a very good idea of who we are by reading them. In the beginning our posts focused on Kristy Le Blanc’s challenges to achieve a healthier life style and shed a few pounds. Through her “journey” she stopped worrying about what the scale said and started to focus more on how she was feeling, how her clothes fit and really started to see success when her focused changed from weight-loss to feeling better.
Here are some current findings about fitness and maintaining a healthy life style. Notice we said “findings” not facts. The truth is we are always evolving our understanding of the Human Body. Many have dedicated their lives to nutrition research, sports medicine, kinesiology, physiology and biomechanics. We have to work with what we currently know, and some of the info below may be contrary to what you have been told in the past, or contrary to other sources. SO, here is what we know about creating a healthy life:
- Your body need to exercise 3-5 times a week.
- Your workouts should vary, doing the same routine every day your body will plateau. Changing what you do and how you do it is key to success. Even if you are a runner or walk outside, change your route each time you go out.
- If you are trying to loose weight interval training is the best for you. Your body will respond better to short spurts of cardio lasting 5-10 minutes, than running on the treadmill for hours.
- Stay away from pop especially diet pop, it is not providing you with any nutritional value, just empty calories.
- Eat clean – home made is better than store bought, the preservatives and chemical additives are hard for your body to process.
- Eat more often. Small portions spread out throughout the day every couple of hours helps maintain your blood sugar level and revs up your metabolism.
- Weight loss is about so much more than just eating well and exercise. How you manage stress can be a big factor in loosing weight. When we are stressed our body produces Adrenaline, Cortisol and Norepinephrine. For more info about Stress and Weight Loss – check our blog Archives.
More to come!